Working closely with both our maternity teams during the pandemic we have coproduced a series of film clips with local parents with key maternity messages in English, Urdu, Gujerati, Punjabi, Polish, Slovakian, Hungarian, Eritrean and Arabic.
The series of parents films clips was quoted as a model of maternity good practice on Channel 4 News and parents shared the clips via their own personal social media platforms i.e. WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram.
- Vitamin D https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e4Xu_-OZAgNCWJt6AYGlbYHSwQg78i-Y/view?usp=sharing
- Antenatal hospital appointments during the pandemic https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E_t7dCfhhekTzkyLjB1zMgkRQQC8EOxj/view?usp=sharing
- Changes in baby’s movements https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I0x10TCdSqw-sSRS-TEyCQ-vP0EVcDZQ/view?usp=sharing
- Maternity appointments and lateral flow tests
We deliver the 15 Step Maternity Review and share the review reports with our members, maternity teams and NHS strategic boards. The review teams are made up of VCSO representatives, parents and maternity care providers (non-clinical). We support individual parents with travel and childcare expenses so that they can take part being a critical non-medical eye.
Over the past 18 months the following 15 Steps have taken place:
- Bradford Royal Infirmary – Waiting area, Antenatal Clinic, Maternity Assessment Centre, Labour Ward, Induction Ward, Birth Centre.
- Airedale General Hospital – Waiting area, Antenatal Clinic and Maternity Assessment Centre.
Due to the impact of the pandemic and pressure on our maternity teams the 15 Steps are on hold until March 2022. We will be recruiting parents wishing to take part so please do get in touch for a chat and further information if you are interested in taking part.
We helped support our maternity teams at Bradford Royal Infirmary in the co-design of a Maternity Visitors Policy in 2021.
Throughout the pandemic we have shared important updates and information including increasing the Covid vaccine uptake amongst pregnant women/persons. Our Better Births Community events provided a safe space where local parents could meet with our NHS Vaccine nurses for accurate information.