Maternity Voices Partnerships (MVP) are friendly groups of parent representatives and professionals, who work together to help shape and develop maternity services.
MVPs provide feedback from women and families who have used maternity services and support services to use that feedback to transform services. Local MVPs have been involved in:
- Developing information leaflets and posters
- Recruiting staff into maternity services
- Starting new initiatives such as the first joint bereavement group, in Leeds, to help improve services between bereaved parents and staff
- Supporting the development and direction of homebirth services, to encourage families to consider homebirth as an option
- Regular walk-arounds of the wards and clinics in the maternity units across West Yorkshire and Harrogate – talking to families and providing immediate feedback to staff about the environment and care
How you can get involved
If you would you like to have an active role in making a difference to your local maternity services visit our ‘Volunteer for us’ page to find out how you can get involved.
Becoming a volunteer you will help to raise awareness around the importance of maternity services. You will help to make sure that seldom heard voices are heard and contribute to future developments in maternity services.
National Maternity Voices
National Maternity Voices is the national group of Maternity Voices Partnerships in England. Find out more at: http://nationalmaternityvoices.org.uk/