The Leeds Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP), formerly known as the Maternity Service Liaison Committee (MSLC), is a friendly group of parent representatives and professionals, who work together to help shape, develop and improve maternity services in Leeds. Meet the MVP team here.
Together we have:
- Carried out the first ’15 Step Pilot Challenge’ in the country with NHS England in January 2018
- Help set up the first joint bereavement group between staff and bereaved parents, aiming to improve bereavement services.
- Helped develop the Leeds Maternity Strategy 2015-2020, and are continuing to improve pathways of support for parents across the city
- Worked in partnership with the local NHS professionals to develop materials for parents and families, providing information about maternity services and support in Leeds.
- Supported the development and direction of the ‘Leeds Loves Homebirth’ service, to encourage families to consider homebirth as an option.
Read our annual report here to find out more about what we have been up to this year.
We are currently working on:
- Ensuring information relating to coronavirus and the impact this has on maternity services within the city is continually updated and communicated to service users
- Consulting with Leeds Hospital Teaching Trust on Building the Leeds Way – an exciting vision to transform healthcare for patients from Leeds, the wider region and beyond. Read more about Building the Leeds Way here.
- Helping develop the Leeds Maternity Strategy 2020-2025, continuing to support in improving pathways of support for parents across the city.
Would you like to have an active role in making a difference to your local maternity services? By becoming a volunteer with Leeds MVP you can help to raise awareness of the importance of maternity services, support seldom heard voices to be heard and contribute to the future developments of maternity services across the city. Visit our Contact us page to find out more about how you can get involved.
Unsure whether its for you? Meet our team and hear more about their experiences.